داخل بلدة زويتر الغربية، إحدى المناطق التجريبية اللبنانية التي عاد اليها حزب الله
كلوديا غرولين ورالف أطراش/مموقع هذه بيروت/21 آب 2026
(ترجمة الياس بجاني من الإنكليزية بحرية مطلقة)
Inside One of Lebanon’s Pilot Zones, Hezbollah Has Returned
Claudia Groeling & Ralph Atrach/This Is Beirut/August 21/2026
As the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) deployed to Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh following Israel’s withdrawal, Hezbollah-affiliated personnel and organizations returned to the town, one of the pilot zones aimed at dismantling the militia’s security infrastructure.
During a July 23 visit as the LAF began the pilot zone program, This is Beirut observed ambulances affiliated with Hezbollah’s Islamic Health Organization being allowed into Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh on the stated grounds that they were providing humanitarian aid.
By contrast, ambulances from the Red Cross and the Amal Movement-affiliated Risala Scouts were refused entry. A security source confirmed to This is Beirut that only emergency vehicles from the Hezbollah-run group were being allowed into the pilot zone. Later that day, an Israeli drone carried out a guided-missile strike on an Islamic Health Organization ambulance on the main road through Nabatieh al-Fawqa, near Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh.
Hezbollah’s presence in Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh reflects a broader nationwide pattern in which personnel from the Iran-backed militia are granted access to sensitive areas before Lebanon’s official security forces. Whenever a security incident occurs, Hezbollah typically arrives on the scene first, followed by the LAF, other security services, and humanitarian actors, according to a Lebanese intelligence official, who described the sequence as standard procedure.
The account is consistent with a publicly reported incident during the 2026 Israel-Hezbollah war. After an Israeli strike on the Comfort Hotel in Beirut’s Hazmieh suburb on March 4, local officials said that Hezbollah’s Islamic Health Organization established a security cordon around the site, restricting access by municipal personnel. The Lebanese army subsequently deployed to the scene.
All the Hezbollah members he knows from the town have returned. Among them was Hezbollah’s “rabet,” a local representative responsible for military affairs.
Local source familiar with Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh to TIB
Hezbollah’s Return to Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh
The pilot zone project, which so far includes Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh, Frown and Ghandouriyeh, is intended to launch a gradual process under which Israel withdraws its troops as the LAF dismantles Hezbollah’s military infrastructure.
The June 26 Trilateral Framework between Lebanon, Israel, and the U.S. has stalled over disagreements on how to independently verify Hezbollah’s disarmament. So far, the LAF has been unable to prevent Hezbollah personnel from returning to Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh, the first pilot zone from which Israel has withdrawn. A local source familiar with Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh said that all the Hezbollah members he knows from the town have returned. Among them was Hezbollah’s “rabet,” a local representative responsible for military affairs, the source said.
The Israeli military considers Hezbollah’s “rabet” officers to be central pillars of the group’s dispersed security architecture, carrying out tasks such as smuggling weapons and preparing private property for military use. Hezbollah’s “rabet” in Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh continues to move openly around the town, the source said.
Hezbollah personnel are entering Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh under the cover of their affiliation with the Islamic Health Organization and the “Wa Taawanou” NGO, according to the source. Fewer than 10 percent of residents have returned, the source added, amid fears that Hezbollah combatants remain widely present in the area.
The Lebanese army has been ordered to establish checkpoints on the main roads leading to Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh and control access to the town while monitoring movements to ensure that residents do not bring weapons or military equipment into the pilot zone, an LAF officer told This is Beirut. However, the local source said the LAF was not enforcing these security measures. Residents seeking to enter the pilot zone are generally asked only whether they are from Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh. Those who confirm they are residents are allowed to proceed without being inspected further.
So far, the LAF has not conducted inspections of homes or other private property in the pilot zone, the source said. Private property inspections have become another point of contention in Lebanon-Israel talks over the pilot zone program, with the LAF opposing such searches. A Framework Without Enforcement
The LAF officer told This is Beirut that the Lebanese army lacks the mandate to confront Hezbollah. “The army does not operate independently from the Lebanese political authorities,” he said. “We receive our mandate from the Lebanese state.”
If Hezbollah obstructed an LAF disarmament operation, the officer explained, Lebanese army troops on site could not decide independently to challenge the militia. Instead, the LAF unit would report the situation through the chain of command, leaving the government to determine how to respond. “If we can remove weapons and military infrastructure without a confrontation, that is preferable,” the LAF source said. “Nobody wants to turn a southern village into another battlefield.”
Retired LAF Brig. Gen. Maroun Hitti told This is Beirut that the army needs a clear mandate, including rules of engagement and the authority to enforce them, warning that without these, the Trilateral Framework could fail “by design.”
If the LAF discovers Hezbollah’s military infrastructure, it should destroy, dismantle and confiscate it in accordance with its mandate and Lebanese law, Hitti said. Such infrastructure, the LAF general explained, directly violates Lebanese sovereignty and the state’s monopoly on the use of force.
Lebanon has fallen short in implementing its disarmament decisions, with the LAF’s claimed progress south of the Litani in January 2026 disputed by Israel. Lebanon’s cabinet on March 2, 2026, banned Hezbollah’s military activities and tasked the LAF with disarming the militia nationwide. LAF commander Rodolphe Haykal, however, balked at implementing the decision, citing concerns over civil peace.
For Khaled Hamadeh, a retired LAF general, the Trilateral Framework’s disarmament goals have not been pursued, with the Lebanese army neither searching for Hezbollah’s military infrastructure nor confiscating its weapons.
“The Lebanese army’s deployment in these areas amounts to little more than a routine security operation of the kind the army conducts elsewhere in Lebanon,” he said. “For the Americans, this has effectively turned the mission into a traditional security operation that does not correspond to the substance of the [Trilateral] Framework agreement.”
The Lebanese army can effectively confront Hezbollah only if it operates under unified political authority and receives clear government orders to confiscate weapons, arrest those disrupting security and dismantle Hezbollah’s infrastructure, the former LAF general said.
The army has the capability to act against Hezbollah in the pilot zones, Hamadeh said. “What it lacks, however, is the political will to carry out this mission and the political space required for the military to act effectively.”
https://thisisbeirut.com.lb/features/reports/inside-one-of-lebanons-pilot-zones-hezbollah-has-returned
داخل بلدة زويتر الغربية، إحدى المناطق التجريبية اللبنانية التي عاد اليها حزب الله
كلوديا غرولين ورالف أطراش/مموقع هذه بيروت/21 آب 2026
(ترجمة الياس بجاني من الإنكليزية بحرية مطلقة)
مع انتشار الجيش اللبناني في بلدة زوطر الغربية في أعقاب الانسحاب الإسرائيلي، عاد الأفراد والمنظمات التابعة لحزب الله إلى البلدة، التي تُعد إحدى المناطق التجريبة المخصصة لتفكيك البنية التحتية الأمنية لحزب الله.
خلال زيارة ميدانية جرت في 23 يوليو بالتزامن مع بدء برنامج المناطق التجريبية، رصدت صحيفة “هذه بيروت” سيارات إسعاف تابعة لـ “الهيئة الصحية الإسلامية” التابعة لحزب الله وهي يُسمح لها بالدخول إلى زوطر الغربية بحجة تقديم المساعدات الإنسانية.
وفي المقابل، مُنعت سيارات إسعاف تابعة للصليب الأحمر اللبناني و”جمعية كشافة الرسالة الإسلامية” التابعة لحركة أمل من الدخول. وأكد مصدر أمني لصحيفة “هذه بيروت” أنه لم يُسمح سوى لمركبات الطوارئ التابعة للمجموعة المدعومة من حزب الله بالدخول إلى المنطقة التجريبة. وفي وقت لاحق من ذلك اليوم، نفذت مسيرة إسرائيلية ضربة بصواريخ موجهة استهدفت سيارة إسعاف تابعة للهيئة الصحية الإسلامية على الطريق الرئيسي في نبطية الفوقا، بالقرب من زوطر الغربية.
ويعكس وجود حزب الله في زوطر الغربية نمطاً أوسع على مستوى البلاد، حيث يُمنح أفراد الميليشيا المدعومة من إيران حق الوصول إلى المناطق الحساسة قبل القوات الأمنية الرسمية في لبنان.
“جميع أعضاء حزب الله الذين أعرفهم من البلدة قد عادوا. ومن بينهم ‘منسق’ حزب الله، وهو الممثل المحلي المسؤول عن الشؤون العسكرية.”
مصدر محلي مطلع على الأوضاع في زوطر الغربية لموقع هذه بيروت
وعند وقوع أي حادث أمني، يصل حزب الله عادةً إلى الموقع أولاً، يليه الجيش اللبناني، والأجهزة الأمنية الأخرى، والجهات الإنسانية، وفقاً لمسؤول استخباراتي لبناني وصف هذا التسلسل بأنه الإجراء المعياري المعتاد.
وتتطابق هذه الرواية مع حادثة تم الإبلاغ عنها علناً خلال حرب إسرائيل وحزب الله عام 2026. فبعد غارة إسرائيلية استهدفت فندق “كومفورت” في ضاحية الحازمية ببيروت في 4 مارس، أفاد مسؤولون محليون بأن الهيئة الصحية الإسلامية التابعة لحزب الله فرضت طوقاً أمنياً حول الموقع، مما حد من وصول الأفراد البلديين، ليقوم الجيش اللبناني بالانتشار في الموقع لاحقاً.
عودة حزب الله إلى زوطر الغربية
يهدف مشروع المنطقة التجريبة، الذي يضم حتى الآن بلدات زوطر الغربية، وفرون، وغندورية، إلى إطلاق مسارين تدريجيين تنسحب بموجبهما القوات الإسرائيلية بالتزامن مع تفكيك الجيش اللبناني للبنية التحتية العسكرية لحزب الله.
إلا أن الإطار الثلاثي (Trilateral Framework) المبرم في 26 يونيو بين لبنان وإسرائيل والولايات المتحدة قد تعثر بسبب الخلافات حول كيفية التحقق بشكل مستقل من نزع سلاح حزب الله. وحتى الآن، عجز الجيش اللبناني عن منع أفراد حزب الله من العودة إلى زوطر الغربية، وهي أول منطقة تجريبة تنسحب منها إسرائيل. وأكد مصدر محلي مطلع على شؤون زوطر الغربية أن جميع عناصر حزب الله المعروفين لديه في البلدة قد عادوا، بما في ذلك “منسق” حزب الله، وهو المسؤول المحلي عن الشؤون العسكرية.
ويعتبر الجيش الإسرائيلي ضباط “التنسيق التابعين لحزب الله ركائز أساسية في البنية الأمنية اللامركزية للجسم العسكري، حيث ينفذون مهاماً تشمل تهريب الأسلحة وإعداد الأملاك الخاصة للاستخدام العسكري. وأشار المصدر إلى أن “منسق” حزب الله في زوطر الغربية يواصل التحرك بحرية وعلنية داخل البلدة.
وأضاف المصدر أن أفراد حزب الله يدخلون زوطر الغربية تحت غطاء انتمائهم إلى الهيئة الصحية الإسلامية وجمعية “واتعاونوا” الأهلية. وأردف بالقول إن أقل من 10 بالمئة من السكان قد عادوا حتى الآن، وسط مخاوف من استمرار التواجد الواسع لمقاتلي حزب الله في المنطقة.
من جانبه، صرح ضابط في الجيش اللبناني لصحيفة “هذه بيروت” بأن الجيش تلقى أوامر بإنشاء نقاط حواجز على الطرق الرئيسية المؤدية إلى زوطر الغربية، والسيطرة على حركة الدخول مع مراقبة التنقلات للتأكد من عدم إدخال السكان لأسلحة أو معدات عسكرية إلى المنطقة التجريبة. ومع ذلك، أفاد المصدر المحلي بأن الجيش اللبناني لا يطبق هذه الإجراءات الأمنية بصرامة؛ إذ يُسأل السكان الراغبون في الدخول عموماً عما إذا كانوا ينحدرون من زوطر الغربية فقط، ويُسمح لمن يؤكدون إقامتهم بالمرور دون خضوعهم لتفتيش إضافي.
وأكد المصدر أن الجيش اللبناني لم يقم حتى الآن بتفتيش المنازل أو الأملاك الخاصة الأخرى داخل المنطقة النموذجية. وتُعد عمليات تفتيش الأملاك الخاصة نقطة خلافية أخرى في المباحثات اللبنانية الإسرائيلية حول برنامج المناطق التجريبة ، حيث يعارض الجيش اللبناني إجراء مثل هذه عمليات التفتيش.
إطار عمل بلا آليات إنفاذ
أوضح الضابط في الجيش اللبناني لصحيفة “هذه بيروت” أن المؤسسة العسكرية تفتقر إلى التفويض اللازم لمواجهة حزب الله، قائلاً: “الجيش لا يعمل بمعزل عن السلطات السياسية اللبنانية، ونحن نتلقى تفويضنا من الدولة اللبنانية”.
وأوضح الضابط أنه إذا قام حزب الله بعرقلة عملية نزع السلاح التي يقوم بها الجيش، فلن تستطيع وحدات الجيش اللبناني المنتشرة على الأرض اتخاذ قرار فردي بمواجهة الميليشيا؛ بل يتعين عليها رفع الموقف عبر التسلسل القيادي، لتتولى الحكومة تحديد طريقة الاستجابة. وقال مصدر الجيش: “إذا كان بوسعنا إزالة الأسلحة والبنية التحتية العسكرية من دون مواجهة، فهذا هو الخيار المفضل، فلا أحد يريد تحويل قرية جنوبية إلى ساحة معركة أخرى”.
بدوره، قال العميد المتقاعد في الجيش اللبناني مارون حتي لصحيفة “هذه بيروت” إن الجيش بحاجة إلى تفويض واضح يشمل قواعد اشتباك وصلاحيات صارمة لتنفيذها، محذراً من أنه بدون ذلك قد يفشل الإطار الثلاثي “بفعل تصميمه المسبق”.
وأضاف حتي أنه في حال اكتشاف الجيش اللبناني لبنى تحتية عسكرية تابعة لحزب الله، فيجب عليه تدميرها وتفكيكها ومصادرتها وفقاً لتفويضه والقانون اللبناني، موضحاً أن مثل هذه البنى التحتية تشكل انتهاكاً صارخاً للسيادة اللبنانية ولمحتكرية الدولة لاستخدام القوة.
وقد أخفق لبنان في تنفيذ قرارات نزع السلاح، حيث تشكك إسرائيل في التقدم الذي أعلن الجيش اللبناني تحقيقه جنوب نهر الليطاني في يناير 2026. وكان مجلس الوزراء اللبناني قد حظر الأنشطة العسكرية لحزب الله في جلسة 2 مارس 2026، وكلف الجيش اللبناني بنزع سلاح الميليشيا على مستوى البلاد. ومع ذلك، أحجم قائد الجيش رودولف هيكل عن تنفيذ القرار مستنداً إلى مخاوف تتعلق بالسلم الأهلي.
من جانبه، رأى العميد المتقاعد خالد حمادة أن أهداف نزع السلاح في الإطار الثلاثي لم تُتابَع بجدية، حيث لم يقم الجيش اللبناني بالبحث عن البنية التحتية العسكرية لحزب الله أو مصادرة أسلحته.
وقال حمادة: “إن انتشار الجيش اللبناني في هذه المناطق لا يعدو كونه عملية أمنية روتينية من النوع الذي يجريه الجيش في أماكن أخرى من لبنان. وهذا ما حول المهمة، بالنسبة للأمريكيين، إلى عملية أمنية تقليدية لا تتطابق مع جوهر اتفاق الإطار [الثلاثي]”.
وأضاف العميد المتقاعد أن الجيش اللبناني لا يمكنه مواجهة حزب الله بشكل فعال إلا إذا عمل تحت سلطة سياسية موحدة وتلقى أوامر حكومية واضحة بمصادرة الأسلحة، واعتقال المخلين بالأمن، وتفكيك بنية الحزب التحتية.
وختم حمادة بالقول إن الجيش يمتلك القدرة الفعلية للتحرك ضد حزب الله في المناطق التجريبة ، مشيراً إلى أن “ما يفتقر إليه حقاً هو الإرادة السياسية لتنفيذ هذه المهمة، والمساحة السياسية اللازمة لتمكين المؤسسة العسكرية من العمل بفاعلية”
.



















