أقباط المنيا في مصر يشيّعون ضحاياهم في أجواء غاضبة/Angry Copts Mourn Egypt Bus Attack Victims

111

Christians in Egypt prepare to bury dead a day after attack
AP/November 03, 2018

All but one of those killed were members of the same family. The local Daesh affiliate which spearheads militants fighting security forces in the Sinai Peninsula claimed responsibility
MINYA, Egypt: Coptic Christians in the Egyptian town of Minya prepared to bury their dead on Saturday, a day after militants ambushed three buses carrying Christian pilgrims on their way to a remote desert monastery, killing seven and wounding 19. A priest and members of a Christian congregation prayed and chanted over a row of white coffins ahead of a funeral service for the dead. All but one of those killed were members of the same family, according to a list of the victims’ names released by the church, which said a boy and a girl, ages 15 and 12 respectively, were among the dead.The local Daesh affiliate, which spearheads militants fighting security forces in the Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for the attack south of Cairo in a statement. It said the attack was revenge for the imprisonment by Egyptian authorities of “our chaste sisters” without elaborating.
The Daesh affiliate claimed that 13 Christians killed and another 18 wounded, but it was not immediately possible to independently verify the claim or reconcile the discrepancy in the number of dead and wounded given by the group and the church. The attack was likely to cast a dark shadow on one of President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi’s showpieces — the World Youth Forum — which opens Saturday in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh and hopes to draw thousands of local and foreign youth to discuss upcoming projects, with Egypt’s 63-year-old leader taking center stage.Daesh has repeatedly vowed to go after Egypt’s Christians as punishment for their support of el-Sissi. As defense minister, el-Sissi led the military’s 2013 ouster of an Islamist president, whose one-year rule proved divisive. It has claimed responsibility for a string of deadly attacks on Christians dating back to December 2016. El-Sissi, who has made the economy and security his top priorities since taking office in 2014, wrote on his Twitter account that Friday’s attack was designed to harm the “nation’s solid fabric” and pledged to continue fighting terrorism. He later offered his condolences when he spoke by telephone with Pope Tawadros II, spiritual leader of Egypt’s Orthodox Christians and a close el-Sissi ally.
In a somber message of his own, Tawadros said in a video clip released by the church that the latest attack would only make the Christians stronger. “I think that this is a terrorist act which is targeting Egypt through playing the card of the Copts,” said Begemy Nassem Nasr, priest of the church of St. Mary in Minya. “We know that … President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi is hosting the youth forum and they meant to embarrass him.”Friday’s attack is the second to target pilgrims heading to the St. Samuel the Confessor monastery in as many years, indicating that security measures in place since then are either inadequate or have become lax. The previous attack in May 2017 left nearly 30 people dead. It is also the latest by IS to target Christians in churches in Cairo, the Mediterranean city of Alexandria and Tanta in the Nile Delta north of the capital.Those attacks left at least 100 people dead and led to tighter security around Christian places of worship and Church-linked facilities. They have also underlined the vulnerability of minority Christians in a country where many Muslims have since the 1970s grown religiously conservative.
The Interior Ministry, which oversees the police, said Friday’s attackers used secondary dirt roads to reach the buses carrying the pilgrims, who were near the monastery at the time of the attack. Only pilgrims have been allowed on the main road leading to the monastery since last year’s attack. The Interior Ministry maintained that only one bus was attacked, but the latest statement by the church said three buses were targeted and put the death toll at 7 and the wounded at 19, including two in critical condition. The Interior Ministry said police were pursuing the attackers, who fled the scene. Egypt’s Christians, who account for some 10 percent of the country’s 100 million people, complain of discrimination in the Muslim majority country. Christian activists say the church’s alliance with el-Sissi has offered the ancient community a measure of protection but failed to end frequent acts of discrimination that boil over into violence against Christians, especially in rural Egypt. In Minya, the scene of Friday’s attack, Christians constitute the highest percentage of the population — about 35 percent — of any Egyptian province. It’s also in Minya where most acts of violence, like attacks on churches and Christian homes and businesses, take place.

Egypt’s Minya holds funeral for victims of ISIS terror attack
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English/Saturday, 3 November 2018/Coptic Christians in the Egyptian town of Minya, south of the capital of Cairo, held a funeral on Saturday for the victims of an ISIS-claimed terror attack. The Coptic Orthodox Church and the Interior Ministry said Islamic militants on Friday ambushed three buses carrying Christian pilgrims on their way to a remote desert monastery, killing seven and wounding 19. All but one of those killed were members of the same family, according to a list of the victims’ names released by the church, which said among the dead were a boy and a girl, age 15 and 12 respectively. The local ISIS affiliate which spearheads militants fighting security forces in the Sinai Peninsula claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement.

Angry Copts Mourn Egypt Bus Attack Victims
Agence France Presse/Naharnet/November 03/18
Angry Coptic Christians in mourning kept a vigil outside a hospital in central Egypt overnight to receive the bodies of relatives killed in a gun attack on a bus transporting pilgrims. The Islamic State (IS) group claimed Friday’s attack which killed seven Christians returning from a visit to Saint Samuel monastery, the latest assault on Egypt’s religious minority. A security source said seven people were also wounded in the attack near the city of Minya, the second such attack in two years targeting the desert monastery. Outside the main hospital in Minya, dozens of victims’ family members waited until the early hours of Saturday to receive the bodies for burial. An elderly woman wept for her dead son and wailed as she sat on the ground outside the hospital morgue. “He was the best child… I’ll never see him again,” she said, as other mourners rushed to carry a coffin to an ambulance to be taken to a church for a funeral. Security forces remained on the alert outside the hospital for fear of further attacks, while roads were blocked to the scene of the shooting. Bishop Makarios of Minya visited the hospital to try to comfort mourners.Another Coptic cleric, asking not to be named, told AFP around 24 people had escaped the attack unharmed and spent the night at a church in a nearby village.
String of attacks
“Should I carry a gun with me when I go to pray or when I’m at home? Because I could die if I go to church,” said Michel, a 23-year-old Copt whose neighbour was killed in the attack. He said three of the victims had been siblings. “What do these terrorists want? Do they want us to hate Muslims?” On Saturday, a burned-out four-wheel-drive truck, which witnesses said had been used by a group of militants in white galabiya gowns, stood near the site of the attack. Residents had attacked the car and handed two of its occupants to security forces, they said. As Egypt’s Christians reeled from the latest attack, President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called Coptic Pope Tawadros II to offer his condolences and led a minute of silence at a youth forum he was attending. Copts, a Christian minority that make up 10 percent of Egypt’s 96 million people, have in recent years been repeatedly targeted by the Islamic State jihadist group. In May 2017, masked gunmen ordered Christians travelling to Saint Samuel to get off their buses and recant their faith. The group refused and were shot one by one, leaving 28 people dead in the IS-claimed attack. IS also killed more than 40 people in twin church bombings in April 2017, and an IS gunman last December killed nine people in an attack on a church in a south Cairo suburb. Egypt’s army launched a major offensive in February 2018 against IS in the Sinai Peninsula, where the group has waged a deadly insurgency since the fall of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in 2013, killing hundreds of soldiers and policemen. The military offensive — Dubbed “Sinai 2018” — has killed more than 450 jihadists, according to an army estimate, with around 30 soldiers killed. Copts have long complained of discrimination in Egypt and IS is not the only group to have launched sectarian attacks against the community.

أقباط المنيا يشيّعون ضحاياهم في أجواء غاضبة
وكالة الصحافة الفرنسية/03 تشرين الثاني/18
في أجواء غاضبة، شيّع أقباط المنيا في وسط مصر صباح السبت ضحاياهم الذين سقطوا في اعتداء مسلّح تبنّاه تنظيم الدولة الاسلامية، فيما طالب أسقف عام المنيا الأنبا مكاريوس بـ”معاقبة الجناة”. وقُتل سبعة أقباط الجمعة في هجوم مسلّح استهدف حافلة تقلّ مسيحيّين كانوا عائدين من زيارة إلى دير الأنبا صموئيل في المنيا (قرابة 250 كيلومتر جنوب القاهرة). وتبنّى تنظيم الدولة الإسلامية هذا الاعتداء، الأوّل الذي يستهدف الأقباط منذ نهاية كانون الأول/ديسمبر 2017. في أيار/مايو2017، تبنّى تنظيم الدولة الإسلامية هجوماً على حافلة كانت تقلّ حجّاجاً أقباطاً على الطريق نفسه الذي حصل عليه اعتداء الجمعة، اذ كانوا متّجهين الدير نفسه. وأسفر ذلك الاعتداء عن سقوط نحو 28 قتيلاً. ومنذ فجر السبت، احتشد مئات من الاقباط الغاضبين داخل وحول كنيسة الأمير تادرس في مدينة المنيا والتي انتشر حولها رجال أمن ملثّمون وأكثر من عشر سيارات إسعاف، لحضور جنازة الضحايا. وبعد انتهاء الصلاة، أُخرجت ستّة جثامين في توابيت بيضاء وضعت عليها زهور بيضاء كذلك، وسط هتافات “بالروح، بالدم نفديك يا صليب”. وسيتمّ دفن الجثامين الستّة في مقابر الأقباط بإحدى ضواحي مدينة المنيا. أما القتيل السابع، وهو مسيحي انغليكاني، فتم تشييعه مساء الجمعة في قرية سودا الواقعة أيضاً بمحافظة المنيا.
“معاقبة الجناة”
وقال الأنبا مكاريوس في كلمة ألقاها بعيد انتهاء القدّاس الجنائزي “نحن لا ننسى وعود المسؤولين، بمن فيهم رئيس الجمهورية، بمعاقبة الجناة”. وكان الأنبا مكاريوس ووجه بصيحات احتجاج من الحضور الغاضبين عندما قدّم الشكر خلال الكلمة نفسها إلى مسؤولي الامن . ونعى الرئيس المصري عبد الفتاح السيسي ضحايا الهجوم مساء السبت في تغريدة على “تويتر” قائلاً “أنعي ببالغ الحزن الشهداء الذين سقطوا اليوم بأيادٍ غادرة تسعى للنيل من نسيج الوطن المتماسك… وأتمنّى الشفاء العاجل للمصابين وأؤكّد عزمنا على مواصلة جهودنا لمكافحة الإرهاب الأسود وملاحقة الجناة”. ومساء السبت، خيّمت أجواء من التوتّر أمام مستشفى المنيا العام حيث بقي أهالي الضحايا المحتجيّن حتى الساعات الأولى من صباح السبت، ما حمل قوات الأمن على الإبقاء على انتشارها في الشوارع المحيطة خشية وقوع حوادث. وجلست سيدة مسنّة على الأرض الترابية في فناء المستشفى قرب باب المشرحة، تنتظر خروج جثمان ابنها وهي تبكي وتصيح “كان أحسن أولادي .. لن أراه ثانية”، قبل أن يتدافع الحاضرون لحمل نعش أحد الجثامين ووضعه داخل سيارة إسعاف لتتمّ الصلاة عليه في الكنيسة.
“سيتمّ دفنهم وسينتهي الأمر”
وفيما كانت سيارة الإسعاف تنطلق، نظر إليها شاب قبطي هازّاً رأسه وقال بنبرة ملؤها خيبة أمل “لا جديد ولن يحدث جديد، سيتمّ دفنهم وسينتهي الأمر”. ويدعى هذا الشاب ميشال (23 عاماً) وهو جار لأحد ضحايا الهجوم وقد قال لوكالة فرانس برس “هل يفترض أن أحمل سلاحاً معي عند ذهابي للصلاة أم أمكث في منزلي لأنّني قد أموت إذا قرّرت الذهاب إلى الكنيسة؟”، متسائلاً “ماذا يريد هؤلاء الإرهابيون؟ أن نكره المسلمين؟!”. ونشر المتحدّث الرسمي باسم الكنيسة القبطية على صفحته الرسمية على فسبوك أسماء الضحايا الأقباط الستة وهم ينتمون كلّهم الى أسرة واحدة ومن بينهم ثلاثة أشقّاء وطفلة صغيرة. وكان عام 2017 دامياً بالنسبة إلى الأقباط الذين يُمثّلون نحو 10% من سكّان مصر البالغ عددهم 100 مليون نسمة، وقد تعرّضوا خلاله لاعتداءات أوقعت أكثر من مئة قتيل وعشرات الجرحى.

المنيا تشيّع ضحاياها… وبابا الأقباط يؤكد على تماسك المصريين بعد هجوم أسفر عن مقتل 7 أشخاص تبناه «داعش»
القاهرة/الشرق الأوسط/03 تشرين الثاني/18
وسط إجراءات أمنية مشددة، شيعت مصر اليوم (السبت) ضحايا الهجوم الإرهابي الذي استهدف حافلة للأقباط لدى عودتها من دير في صحراء محافظة المنيا (جنوب) وأسفر عن مقتل 7 أشخاص وإصابة آخرين. وفيما أعلن تنظيم داعش الإرهابي عبر وكالته «أعماق» مسؤوليته عن الهجوم، أكد الرئيس المصري عبد الفتاح السيسي الذي نعى ضحايا الهجوم، عزم بلاده مواصلة جهود مكافحة الإرهاب وملاحقة الجناة. وبدأت في كنيسة الأمير تادرس الشطبي في المنيا صلوات الجنازة على جثامين الحادث الإرهابي الذي وقع أمس (الجمعة) بالقرب من دير الأنبا صموئيل بجبل القلمون بمركز مغاغة، بحضور مجموعة من أساقفة الكنيسة القبطية الأرثوذكسية وعدد من القيادات الشعبية والتنفيذية والأمنية بمحافظة المنيا وأسر الضحايا وجمع كبير من الأهالي. ونقل الأنبا مكاريوس أسقف عام المنيا وأبو قرقاص تعزيات الرئيس عبد الفتاح السيسي التي قدمها في اتصال هاتفي أمس بقداسة البابا تواضروس الثاني بابا الإسكندرية وبطريرك الكرازة المرقسية، كما نقل تعزيات البابا تواضروس الثاني لأسر الضحايا، الذي تابع الحادث منذ اللحظات الأولى من وقوعه. من جانبه، أكد قداسة البابا تواضروس الثاني بابا الإسكندرية بطريرك الكرازة المرقسية أن الأحداث الإرهابية التي تصيب المسيحيين، لا تصيبهم هم فقط ولكنها تصيب المجتمع المصري بأكمله، مشددا على أن أثمن ما نملكه «هو وحدتنا وتماسكنا». وقال البابا تواضروس الثاني، في كلمة مسجلة تعليقا على الهجوم الإرهابي، إن «مثل هذه الأحداث تزيدنا صلابة ونحن نصلي من أجل الشهداء ومن أجل المصابين ومن أجل سلام بلادنا، ونصلي أيضا من أجل المعتدين لأنهم في غيبوبة، مشددا على أن ما يسببونه من حزن وألم داخل مجتمعنا المصري لن يحقق شيئا على الإطلاق». ووجه البابا تواضروس الثاني الشكر للرئيس عبد الفتاح السيسي لاتصاله الهاتفي، وطلبه نقل تعازيه لكل أسر الضحايا والمصابين، مؤكدا ثقته في جهود كل المسؤولين بالدولة. وأكد بطريرك الكنيسة الأرثوذكسية أن مصر بتماسكها وقوتها سوف تهزم هذا الإرهاب لأننا أهل خير ونسعى إلى كل الخير ولا نبغي الشر لأحد. وانتشرت قوات أمنية بكثافة في موقع الحادث بالقرب من الدير، وشوهدت سيارة رباعية الدفع متفحمة على الجانب المقابل من الطريق، أوضح بعض الشهود أنها كانت تحوي أسلحة وذخائر وفيها مجموعة أفراد يرتدون الجلباب الأبيض، وقد اعترضها بعض الأهالي وسلموا اثنين من ركابها إلى قوات الأمن. وكان عام 2017 دامياً بالنسبة للأقباط الذين يُمثّلون نحو 10 في المائة من سكّان مصر البالغ عددهم مائة مليون نسمة، وقد تعرّضوا خلاله لاعتداءات أوقعت أكثر من مائة قتيل وعشرات الجرحى.

مصر: أجواء حزن وغضب في تشييع آلاف الأقباط لضحايا اعتداء المنيا
فرانس24/أ ف ب/03 تشرين الثاني/18
شيعت عائلات الأقباط من ضحايا الاعتداء المسلح على حافلة في المنيا ذويهم صباح السبت. وسادت أجواء من الغضب والحزن خلال جنازة الذين قتلوا في الاعتداء الذي نفذه تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية” وأودى بحياة سبعة أشخاص وإصابة 17 آخرين. شيع أقباط المنيا في أجواء غاضبة وحزينة صباح السبت ضحايا الاعتداء الذي استهدف حافلة للأقباط في محافظة المنيا وسط مصر. وبكى الثكالى ضحاياهم ممن سقطوا في الاعتداء المسلح الذي تبناه تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية”، فيما طالب أسقف عام المنيا الأنبا مكاريوس بـ”معاقبة الجناة”. وقضى سبعة أقباط نحبهم الجمعة في الهجوم المسلح الذي استهدف حافلة تقل مسيحيين عائدين من زيارة إلى دير الأنبا صموئيل في المنيا (قرابة 250 كيلومتر جنوب القاهرة). وتبنى تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية” هذا الاعتداء، الأول الذي يستهدف الأقباط منذ نهاية كانون الأول/ديسمبر 2017. في أيار/مايو2017، تبنى تنظيم “الدولة الإسلامية” هجوما على حافلة كانت تقل حجاجا أقباطا على الطريق نفسه الذي حصل عليه اعتداء الجمعة، إذ كانوا متجهين إلى الدير نفسه. وأسفر ذلك الاعتداء عن سقوط نحو 28 قتيلا.
حزن وغضب
ومنذ فجر السبت، احتشد مئات من الأقباط الغاضبين داخل وحول كنيسة الأمير تادرس في مدينة المنيا والتي انتشر حولها رجال أمن ملثمون وأكثر من عشر سيارات إسعاف، لحضور جنازة الضحايا. وبعد انتهاء الصلاة، أُخرجت ستة جثامين في توابيت بيضاء وضعت عليها زهور بيضاء كذلك، وسط هتافات “بالروح، بالدم نفديك يا صليب”. وسيتم دفن الجثامين الستة في مقابر الأقباط بإحدى ضواحي مدينة المنيا. أما القتيل السابع، وهو مسيحي أنغليكاني، فتم تشييعه مساء الجمعة في قرية سودا الواقعة أيضا بمحافظة المنيا. وقال الأنبا مكاريوس في كلمة ألقاها بعيد انتهاء القداس الجنائزي “نحن لا ننسى وعود المسؤولين، بمن فيهم رئيس الجمهورية، بمعاقبة الجناة”.وكان الأنبا مكاريوس ووجه بصيحات احتجاج من الحضور الغاضبين عندما قدم الشكر خلال الكلمة نفسها إلى مسؤولي الأمن. ونعى الرئيس المصري عبد الفتاح السيسي ضحايا الهجوم مساء السبت في تغريدة على “تويتر” قائلا “أنعي ببالغ الحزن الشهداء الذين سقطوا اليوم بأياد غادرة تسعى للنيل من نسيج الوطن المتماسك… وأتمنى الشفاء العاجل للمصابين وأؤكد عزمنا على مواصلة جهودنا لمكافحة الإرهاب الأسود وملاحقة الجناة”. ومساء السبت، خيمت أجواء من التوتر أمام مستشفى المنيا العام حيث بقي أهالي الضحايا المحتجين حتى الساعات الأولى من صباح السبت، ما حمل قوات الأمن على الإبقاء على انتشارها في الشوارع المحيطة خشية وقوع حوادث. وجلست سيدة مسنة على الأرض الترابية في فناء المستشفى قرب باب المشرحة، تنتظر خروج جثمان ابنها وهي تبكي وتصيح “كان أحسن أولادي .. لن أراه ثانية”، قبل أن يتدافع الحاضرون لحمل نعش أحد الجثامين ووضعه داخل سيارة إسعاف لتتم الصلاة عليه في الكنيسة.
خيبة أمل
وفيما كانت سيارة الإسعاف تنطلق، نظر إليها شاب قبطي هازا رأسه وقال بنبرة ملؤها خيبة أمل “لا جديد ولن يحدث جديد، سيتم دفنهم وسينتهي الأمر”. ويدعى هذا الشاب ميشال (23 عاما) وهو جار لأحد ضحايا الهجوم وقد قال لوكالة الأنباء الفرنسية “هل يفترض أن أحمل سلاحا معي عند ذهابي للصلاة أم أمكث في منزلي لأنني قد أموت إذا قررت الذهاب إلى الكنيسة؟”، متسائلا “ماذا يريد هؤلاء الإرهابيون؟ أن نكره المسلمين؟!”. ونشر المتحدث الرسمي باسم الكنيسة القبطية على صفحته الرسمية على فيسبوك أسماء الضحايا الأقباط الستة وهم ينتمون كلهم إلى أسرة واحدة ومن بينهم ثلاثة أشقاء وطفلة صغيرة. وكان عام 2017 داميا بالنسبة إلى الأقباط الذين يُمثلون نحو 10% من سكان مصر البالغ عددهم 100 مليون نسمة، وقد تعرضوا خلاله لاعتداءات أوقعت أكثر من مئة قتيل وعشرات الجرحى.